Looking for Mark Twain House Hartford discounts? The Mark Twain House is a historical museum located at 351 Farmington Avenue in Hartford. The mansion has 25 rooms and spans about 11,500 feet. The beautiful interior was decorated by the famous jewelry store Tiffany & CO. If you’re looking for a fun and cultural Connecticut attraction, be sure to stop by the Mark Twain House and Museum for a tour.
Mark Twain House Hartford Discounts
The Mark Twain House offers several discounts. Regular ticket prices to tour the house for adults is $16.00. You don’t need a reservation to tour the house but it is first come first serve. The only time you need a reservation is if you are booking a group tour.
The Mark Twain House Hartford discounts that are ongoing throughout the year are as follows:
- Senior discount: $2 off regular ticket price. Seniors pay $14.00 per ticket
- Children’s discount: $6 off regular ticket price. The discount ticket for kids is just $10.
- Young children: Free tickets
- If you don’t want a tour of the entire house, visit the museum for just $5.00
- Plan of visiting the house more than once? Get Mark Twain House Hartford discounts, free tickets and other specials by signing up to become a Mark Twain House & Museum Member. Visit MarkTwainHouse.org for information.
- “Like” the official Mark Twain House on Facebook for information on special events and Mark Twain House discounts.
Mark Twain House Events
The Mark Twain House has ongoing events throughout the year. Examples include book signings by authors, mystery tours like the “Get a Clue! Tour,” film showings, ‘ghost tours’ and music concerts at the Murasaki cafe. For a full list of events at the Mark Twain House visit Mark Twain House Events.
Mark Twain House Restaurant
The Mark Twain House has it’s own Japanese restaurant called the Murasaki Cafe. They serve Japanese cuisine as well as American food. For special events hosted at the Mark Twain House, the Marusaki Cafe offers catering. If you’d like information on renting the location for special events or are interested in the catering services, call 860-280-3154.
Mark Twain House Hours
The Mark Twain House and Museum is open from 9:30 am to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The last tour begins at 4:30 p.m. On Sunday the house is open from noon until 5:30 p.m. The Mark Twain House is closed on Tuesdays from January through March, Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Day and New Years Day.
Is the Mark Twain House Haunted?
The Mark Twain House does have haunted tours. Read more about the Mark Twain House hauntings:
Damned Connecticut: Ghost Hunters Mark Twain House
Hartford Courant: Ghosts of the Mark Twain House