Father’s Day 2011: Freebies and deals for dads in CT.
- Max Restaurant Group eateries: Dad will get a $25 gift card to use on a future visit. (Gift card must be used by July 31.)
- The New Britain Museum of American Art, 56 Lexington St., celebrates with free admission for dads. Sunday hours are noon to 5 p.m.
- he Counter in West Hartford’s Blue Back Square is giving a free burger to dads who request the freebie, as in, “I want the BFD (Big Freakin’ Deal).” Dads must be accompanied by a family member who purchases a burger of equal or greater value.
- Buy dad $50+ worth of Outback Steakhouse gift cards and get a free $10 gift card. (Cards can be used through July 15.)
- Ikea treats dads to a breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns and coffee from opening to 11 a.m
- Fathers are guests of Bridgeport’s Beardsley Zoo from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Dads must be accompanied by at least one child.)
- Dad gets a gift from Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse that keeps on giving. Take him to brunch or dinner Sunday, and the West Hartford restaurant, at 44 S. Main St., will give him a $25 dining card to use later. (Cards must be used between June 20 and July 17.)
- At Stepping Stones Museum for Children, at Mathews Park, 303 West Ave. in Norwalk, dads (accompanied by a child) get in free from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dads and granddads accompanied by a paying child ride free at the Connecticut Trolley Museum, 58 North Road in East Windsor, Sunday from noon to 4:30 p.m.
- Dads who dine at Grants Restaurant, Restaurant Bricco or Bricco Trattoria get a $20 gift certificate for a future visit. (One gift certificate per table/reservation.)
- Dads get in for half price at Old Sturbridge Village, 1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge, Mass. and receive a free gift, while supplies last.
Father’s Day Specials: Retaurants and attractions offer deals for dad – CTnow.